E-magazine CULTIVAR - ISSUE 4 (26)
Table of contents:
A N N I V E R S A R Y E D I T I O N
We celebrated the 4th anniversary of our magazine on August, 24th, 2004.
- Web Usage Report for Cultivar eMagazine - Peter Lapshin, Moscow
- NEAR-HOBBY - an article on objects picturing cacti and other succulents
- OUR PHOTO GALLERY: REBUTIA
- The 5th anniversary of "Cacti and other xerophytic plants" magazine of "Russian Society of Cacti and Succulents Study".
We reprint the best articles from the previous issues.
- Why Mihanovich? by Bogumil Mazel (reprint from N19);
- Cacti on vertical stocks by Irina V. Ovchinnikova, Ukraine. (reprint from N12);
- Astrophytum - Selection of materials: (reprint from N18);
- Crossing of Astrophytums - Bohumil Schutz;
- Astrophytum capricorne forma cristata - Heinz Hoock;
- A real crested flower! - Heinz Hoock;
- A Beautiful Cristate of Astrophytum ornatum - Heinz Hoock.
- Propagating cacti with areoles by G.Krastinya, Riga, Latvia Republic. (reprint from N12)
The editor's desk:
Friends, colleagues, enthusiasts of cacti and other succulents! One more year has passed since we celebrated our three years jubilee. Now we are four! During these 4 years there appeared 26 issues of the magazine containing 168 articles on different topics with reference to cacti and other succulents, especially their unusual forms. These articles were written by scientists, biologists, prominent hobbyists from all over the world. The magazine is read in more than 75 countries (more information in the article "MEET US!").
Today we heartily thank all our authors who sent us the photos, texts, observations on their plants and helped us make this magazine attractive and informative. We'd like to wish you good luck in your wonderful hobby!
We invite you to send us photographs of your plants (with or without names),
especially of colored and flowering cultivars. Your stories about cultivars from your collection are enthusiastically welcome! The most interesting information and photos will be published in the next issues of our magazine. There are many puzzles in this amazing world of cultivars which are yet to be solved and your photos and stories may be a valuable contribution to the studies of these astonishing plants.
Valery Kalishev, Editor-in-Chief
: Valery Kalishev (Chelyabinsk)
English translation by
: Larisa Zaitseva (Chelyabinsk, Russia), Irina Ten (VA, USA), Irina Kalmykova (Krasnodar, Russia), Yuri A. Yudin (NH, USA)
Lay-out and publishing in Internet
: Peter Lapshin (Moscow)